Sustainable Livelihood for the residents of Southville 7, Calauan, Laguna
Inspired by the vision of the Honorable Senator Sergio Osmeña III, Founder of the Entrepinoy Volunteers Foundation Inc. (EVFI), the Livelihood Training Program for Calauan Relocatees was conceptualized by the EVFI and the ABS-CBN Foundation (AFI), with the aim in view of generating livelihood opportunities for the nearly 6,000 households relocatees in Calauan, Laguna from the Pasig River and other typhoon-affected areas in Metro-Manila.
Several planning meetings were conducted by EVFI and AFI to assess the needs of the households, their skills, talents and available resources in the area and its immediate environs.
After the site and need assessment, the EVFI & AFI have partnered to conduct skills training to encouraged the relocatees to venture into home-based enterprises.
Last August 22, 2012, EVFI with SIGE Foundation and ABS-CBN Foundation officers and members arrived at BayaniJuan in Calauan, Laguna for the MOA signing and launching of a series of livelihood activities, hands–on training and pilot commercialization for the relocatees.
EVFI provide ten (10) Livelihood Modules
- Meat Processing A (Embotido, Longganisa, Tocino)
- Meat Processing B (Luncheon Meat, Ham, Bacon)
- Chinese Dimsum (Siomai, Siopao, Quekiam)
- Native Kakanin (Pitchi-pitchi, Kutsinta, Puto)
- Fortified Fruit Juices (Pineapple, Mango, Kalamansi)
- Fish Processing (Fish Ball, Fish Burger, Spanish Sardines)
- Candle Making (Vigil Candle, Spiral Candle, Decorative Candle)
- Soap Making (Hand Soap, Herbal Soap, Laundry Bar)
- Soap Making A (Powder Det., Dishwashing Liquid, Fabric Softener)
- Paper Flower Arrangements (Ornametals)
From then on and until now Entrepinoy provided trainings, seminars and assistance on different livelihood activities for the residents of Southville 7. The training includes financial discipline, values formation and good manufacturing practices.
Also Entrepinoy trained the group of farmers in the community on proper farming and right way of harvesting for their agribusiness. And even invited one locator on food processing to generate employment in the community.
At present Entrepinoy is now coordinating with different groups to help on the sustainability of the community especially on their livelihood.
- Date October 25, 2016